AR-15 Semi Automatic Rifle
An AR-15 style rifle is a lightweight semi-automatic rifle based on the ArmaLite AR-15 design, which is itself a scaled-down derivative of Eugene Stoner’s AR-10 design. ArmaLite sold the patent and trademarks to Colt’s Manufacturing Company in 1959. After Colt’s patents expired in 1977, Colt retained the trademark and is the exclusive owner of “AR-15” designation.
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO/.223 Remington
- Action: Semi-automatic/direct impingement
- Round capacity: 30+1
- Barrel length: 16″
- Barrel material: 4140 steel (non chrome-lined)
- Rifling: 1:9″, 6 groove
- Stock: 6-position polymer
- Upper receiver: 7075 T6
- Lower receiver: Aluminum
- Pistol grip: Polymer
- Sights (front/rear): Adjustable A2 post/folding Magpul® MBUS®
- Flash hider: A2
- Overall length: 35″ when extended, 32″ when collapsed
- Overall weight: 6.45 lbs.